Sugar Cookie Recipe
This is my go to sugar cookie recipe, it's based off of The Painted Box's cookie recipe. But there are a few differences. I love these because they're easy to make and hold their shape really well. I like to flavor them mostly with almond, but that's because I'm dutch at heart and we love almond anything. I use Royal Icing
to outline and Glaze Icing
- 1/2 lb Butter (2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt (no salt needed if using salted butter)
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Almond Flavoring
- 2 Eggs
- 580 grams Flour (approximately 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Cream together butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and almond. Beat on high.
- Add eggs and continue to beat on high until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mix Flour and Baking Powder together in a separate bowl.
- Pour Flour into butter and egg mixture in small portions while beating on low.
- Continue to add Flour and mis until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl.
- Place in refrigerator to cool if you'd like.
- Roll out on pastry matt or between two sheets of wax paper.
- Cut out and place on parchment paper or silpat, then bake for 10-12 minutes.