The royal icing gives a strong border to hold in the glaze. The reason I use the glaze icing to fill is because it's easier to paint on. While Royal Icing quickly absorbs, the Glaze Icing gives a smooth surface to work on.
- One lb bag Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water (add more as needed for desired consistency)
- 2.5 ounces Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp Americolor Bright White food coloring (without this the icing is somewhat translucent)
- Combine Powdered Sugar and Water then mix on low
- Add in Corn syrup, mix on LOW to avoid bubbles or stressing your mixture.
- Add white food coloring.
- Fill tipless frosting bags.